Plus, EA Play is coming to GamePass at no extra cost. (Gaming)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, September 09, 2020, 08:24 (1325 days ago) @ Korny
edited by ManKitten, Wednesday, September 09, 2020, 08:43

I'm curious how they will do the financing option, or more, enforce it.

If you don't pay your cellphone bill, they cut your service. Is that what they would have to do with an Xbox? If so, does that mean they are revisiting their "always connected" mentality? Could they render the Xbox unplayable? What if you unplug it? Will they repossess it?

Of course most games require a network connection to play them, I recognize this but, there are still games that can be played offline.

I would guess to get the financing option, you would have to purchase it from MS so they could track the serial number? Otherwise, what's stopping someone from paying $35 once, ghosting, then using a different card to create a new XBL account.

What if someone finances, regrets it and sells the box mid contract? What happens to the person that bought it? Are they SOL?

I'm interested to see how this pans out.

[EDIT]
I'll also add, I hope it works well. $500 is a big chunk of cash, and they are basically offering a financing charge of less than $5 a month. Not a bad deal if that's the route you choose. During these times when dropping $500 up front isn't an option for many, this could be viable option.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread