Why do they hate peoples being and to Masterwork armor? (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, January 15, 2021, 11:09 (1168 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I think he means “obsolete” more than irrelevant, as sunsetting will render your Masterworked gear useless eventually.

This is correct. "Obsolete" is a far better word to my intended observation. Thank you cheapLEY.

Sure - but in the 9-12 months between now and then, I can get a lot of use out of masterworked gear.

In short, while I'm not thrilled with the shorter lifespan of sunsetted gear, I am NOT part of the group that believes that if it's going to be significantly below current power level in 10 months, it's useless now.

It's all about the cost/effort ratio yes? You play a significant amount of Destiny, so naturally even with sunsetting, you'll get more out of it. You'll end up with getting more chances to receive materials to Masterwork Armors, be it with a flat bonus of a golf ball or by accrueing enough cores to turn them into another currency into then another currency.

Not everyone plays this game with such a concentration. As a result, for many masterworking is very very expensive at base. On top of that, now we will lose that investment with in a number of time not to exceed 12 months? That makes it even more expensive! I don't recall Bungie changing those metrics when sunsetting was introduced.

It still may be worth it, but I imagine its a real bear of a loop for a someone to try and slowly upgrade something, only for it to become obsolete shortly after. I would also like to reiterate that we don't yet know what kind of changes we may see to armors once Transmog comes to fruition.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread