The hope of Transmog and other thoughts (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, January 15, 2021, 17:08 (1193 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Transmog might make this more tenable.

I've seen a lot of this sentiment lately. My understanding of transmog is that it would allow us to reskin armor to appear as others. If that is correct, how does this address the investment/obsolete grind identified in this thread?

Am I wrong and has there been some other way transmog has been talked about by Bungie? If so, I would love to read about it. That being said, I would not put my hope in it until it is explicitly defined.

I think I've seen one thing talking about it, which is where I found the data I'm about to reiterate, but I have absolutely no idea where I found it or how official what I am recalling is. So THAT'S helpful... I guess. Real... real confidence booster, lol.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The keyword is "Stat Package". Armor as it is in Destiny 2 right now comes in two parts; Appearance and Stats. If you got some armor you liked the look of, you could grind for it and see if you could get better stats for it. Or you could not care, and just be a clashing hodgepodge of solid game play. Once we get the chance to change our appearance at will, (sans what we have with exotics for fairly obvious reasons) what is armor? What makes one set better than another? You might as well farm in raids or trails for the best stat package then, right? Everything else becomes obsolete in the purpose of the armor side of things. That on top of the mod system... which they are changing too right? Well... things are more in the air then we may suspect.

...and I'm going to stop there cause I think I see smoke coming out the ears.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread