The hope of Transmog and other thoughts (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, January 17, 2021, 12:38 (1194 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

Transmog might make this more tenable.

I've seen a lot of this sentiment lately. My understanding of transmog is that it would allow us to reskin armor to appear as others. If that is correct, how does this address the investment/obsolete grind identified in this thread?

For me, it's the idea that I no longer have to choose armor based on its appearance. Having to deal with both style and stats means I'm always changing armor. Being able to transmog reduces how frequently I feel I need to change armor and makes the investment into a piece of armor more valuable.

As it just so happens, folks on the Subreddit have been talking about Transmog, and the current top comment notes the below;

We will be adding a Transmogrification feature to Destiny 2.

• This will allow players to turn their Armor into Universal Ornaments.
  • We plan to allow players to do this with in-game effort OR Silver.
  • This feature is in early development and is expected sometime during Year 4.

That is quoted from a TWAB dated last year, in the 7th of May. (Here is the DBO vers.)

So, in short, it seems it may be more of an investment then we realize, should it pan out as is implied here. And yes, there are folks who are wondering why this wouldn't just be free/part of the game?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread