My Thoughts on the New Quest/Activity "Presage" (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Monday, February 22, 2021, 10:32 (1158 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

• In the section with the double electric walls I found myself fruitlessly looking around back and forth for ultimately no reason because I thought I missed something. There is a door that I thought I needed to open, that turned out I did not.
  • After going back and forth I finally gave in and looked online for "what switch I missed". Turned out I didn't miss any. Kind of stole some fun from the moment.

I'm a little lost on what you're griping about here - are you saying that it's Bungie's fault that you didn't notice the door you opened? (I'm not positive which section you had trouble with; both sides of the electric walls have puzzles, the first one is simpler than the second.) In all cases in this mission, if I found a switch or a fuse, and flipped it or shot it, it opened something. In one case, a shot fuse regenerated itself - which made me realize that whatever it opened was temporary. But if the switch stayed flipped, or the fuse stayed blown, I knew that there was a door open that hadn't been open before. It was just a matter of finding it. And I loved the fact that each time I had difficulty finding a fuse/switch, the information I gained when I finally DID discover it helped me in future sections.

• To the folks who designed this portion, please go back and study level 1-1 of practically any classic Mario game. Dishonor on You. Dishonor on Your Cow. Thank you.

I have to disagree here. This was quite a lot of fun, and if you leave aside the silly design (hell, you'd have to do that in any classic Mario game, too - none of that stuff makes any sense from a practical standpoint), I found the puzzles to be eminently solvable, and actually satisfying. Someone on a recent run mentioned that they liked the fact that ALL grates were shootable, not just the ones you needed to pass through; that's a fantastic touch that isn't always included in areas like this (in Destiny or other games).

Sorry you found it frustrating and contrived. :(

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread