New Quest/Activity "Presage" (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 05:49 (1148 days ago) @ Chappy

I absolutely love this mission. Everything about it. I love the setting, mood, and atmosphere. It’s long enough to feel substantial, but once you’ve mastered it you can get through in ~15 minutes. I love the mechanics and the variety of setpieces throughout the mission. The major combat encounters all start in a way that makes them feel overwhelming and scary, but once you familiarize yourself with your surroundings, there’s actually plenty of cover and space to maneuver. The final boss is intimidating and dangerous but can be solo’d if you’re smart and careful about how you approach the fight. And similar to Harbinger when it first came out, I love the way it feels like we haven’t yet seen everything Presage has to offer. I’m looking forward to jumping back in at reset not just for another loot drop, but also to see what else the mission itself has in store for us.

Stuff like this is absolute peak Destiny PvE for me. I put it right up there with Dungeons, Raids, and the secret/timed missions (Whisper and Zero Hour). I also think it’s worth pointing out that I appreciate the breadth of high-level PvE activities Bungie has created. Missions like Harbinger and Presage are distinctly not the same kind of mission as Whisper/Zero Hour (I’d love more of those timed missions in the future as well, but I think it was smart to do something different in this case). I think both Harbinger and Presage are more like dungeons than anything else, but a bit smaller in scale, with some clever replayability factors built in. 1 mission like this more than justifies the cost of a season pass for me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread