Dead Man’s Tale Catalyst (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, February 26, 2021, 08:11 (1149 days ago) @ Chappy

I completed the Catalyst for Dead Man’s Tale a couple days ago, and I have to say it’s taken a weapon that I already really enjoyed and elevated it to another level. For those who aren’t aware of it, the catalyst increases the rate of fire when hip-firing (which is great), but more significantly, it removes the accuracy penalty when using the gun in hip-fire mode. I now find myself hip-firing this weapon constantly, even at ranges where aiming down sights would probably be the better way to go. At first, I wasn’t really sure why I was having so much fun running around, hip-firing this thing. Then it struck me: it feels like Halo.

I actually played some MCC recently, just to check out the Series X upgrades (I played some Halo 3 and some Reach, both of which look absolutely gorgeous). Right away, I was struck by how much I missed the sensation of running and jumping while firing my weapons, all with a nice, open visual field. I like scoping in on targets when it feels appropriate, but Destiny has such an over-the-top accuracy penalty when hip-firing that you have to ADS with most weapons pretty much all the time.

Long story short, if you miss the more traditional Halo-style gunplay of hip-firing your weapons even at mid-to-long range, I’d highly recommend putting in the time to get yourself a Dead Man’s Tale, along with the catalyst.

ps

If you’re on a Warlock, Dead Man’s Tale + Chromatic Fire exotic chest piece = a real good time :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread