New Quest/Activity "Presage" (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 10:54 (1157 days ago) @ marmot 1333

I’d love more of those timed missions in the future as well

Counterpoint: After ten-ish attempts, I was never once able to finish the Zero Hour mission, and I blame that entirely on the fact that it was on a countdown timer.

When it first dropped, I was under-leveled / the enemies were too hard. Months (years?) later, before Beyond Light, every LFG group I joined would quit after any member fell more than two times. Never got further than the electric wall.

I really, really, really appreciate that these new missions aren't on a timer.

Yeah, I totally get that. The time limit is one of those double-edged swords. IMO it’s a big part of what makes those missions so special, but it’s clearly a significant barrier to entry as well. Running with a fireteam of people you know is a huge benefit. It’s too bad those missions are gone now; I’d be happy to run them with you any time, if we could.

I think Bungie has done a great job creating Harbinger and Presage as missions that feel just as special as Zero Hour or Whisper, but are more accessible to a wider range of players. But I do also feel that these new missions aren’t the same thing as Zero Hour or Whisper... they don’t scratch the same itch. I’d love to see more of both in the future. Maybe they could do something similar to what they’ve done with Presage, where the default mission has no timer, but the Master difficulty level does?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread