Bungie Update: Road to the Witch Queen (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, February 25, 2021, 14:11 (1156 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Seriously. Oh you didn’t play last week? Here. You can get last week’s rewards plus this week’s if you do it twice. How is this so hard.

This already happens with Clan engrams. They're powerful, but if you don't need them, you can just leave them with Hawthorne and pick them up next week. (I think you can only have two weeks' worth at a time there, but I've never really tested it.)

Someone was complaining about how the current clan system hurts small clans. What do they mean by that? Curious what changed.

The first time your clan completes certain activities (Strikes, Crucible, Gambit, and Raids), everyone in the clan gets one Powerful Engram from Hawthorne. I think that’s always roughly been how it’s worked.

In addition, there are tiered Clan Bonuses that unlock after hitting certain XP thresholds. Most of them are fairly useless, but some reward extra upgrade materials and the like. Big clans like can level up to get those bonuses fairly quickly, while small clans might not even be able to get done at all, because each player can only earn a set amount of XP per week per character. So even if a small clan of just a few people play all three characters every week, it’s still not possible for them to get all the way through that progression, as it resets with different bonuses every season. It sucks, but most of the bonuses are pretty insignificant. I couldn’t even tell you what they are right now, because I just don’t pay attention to them.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread