A Quick Observation (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, February 25, 2021, 14:23 (1155 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by cheapLEY, Thursday, February 25, 2021, 15:07

So we got all of the downsides of a sequel with none of the benefits?

Even their idea of the Content Vault was half assed. We got half the Cosmodrome and now that’s just it. No updating old zones to make any sort of sense in the modern context and story of Destiny, just one half of an old patrol zone and some old strikes. Sweet deal! So glad I can’t run Leviathan or Scourge of the Past or Zero Hour anymore so we had room for half assing one old patrol zone!

Instead of trying to make all of Destiny one cohesive experience, we literally got the worst of either option.

I also like how they all excited about Master Raids like it’s some grand new thing. We used to have Hard Mode raids, but apparently those were too much work. So now what’s the difference? I really hope it’s not just a power level deficit, annoying modifiers, and a fuckload of Champions like the Nightfalls are.

Edit: I don’t mean to sound as bitter as I know that does. I absolutely think Bungie should be given leeway to change the game, even if those changes aren’t immediately popular. I want them to experiment and try new things. I just wish they didn’t seem to have to learn the exact same lessons multiple times in a row. Sunsetting was an immediately obvious mistake, one that they already fucking made! Most kids only have to touch the hot stove once.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread