A Quick Observation (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, February 25, 2021, 15:05 (1127 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by cheapLEY, Thursday, February 25, 2021, 15:09

Sure, that’s a fair point.

Maybe because a new zone is expected for a fall expansion, and we were sold the whole “vaulting” thing with the Cosmodrome returning in all its glory as one of the benefits of doing so.

I don’t even disagree with their decision. I’d rather see new stuff than bring old stuff back. I just don’t like feeling lied to. I also really don’t like seeing stuff that feels half assed. They brought the Moon back and did it well. It was a nice nostalgia trip with plenty and of new tucked in the edges. Why not do that with the Cosmodrome? Bring it back with big updates and additional spaces. They gave us the reason—they want to focus on new things. Cool! Then why did they bring it back at all? Again, the answer is obvious—they needed a decent new player experience instead of just dropping them in the Tower. And I think the Cosmodrome is actually pretty great in that regard. I played through that quest, and it’s a better introduction to Destiny than what was in Destiny back in 2014.

But . . . well, I’d have to go back and see what they actually said about bringing back the Cosmodrome and what I just filled in for myself. It sure seems like I remember it being sold as much more than just a new player zone, though, and I think they feel like they had to in order to justify removing half the game.

I don’t want to be so cynical, but it constantly feels like we’re being fed half-truths if not outright lies. I honestly have no problem believing that’s not intentional and really is just the result of uncertainty for the direction of the game and changing plans, but holy god damn, it really seems like they should have at least a little bit of that figured out by now.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread