The Truth* about Shadebinder (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, March 31, 2021, 07:04 (19 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I've not played in PvP yet, but in playing Shadebinder in PvE today, I was surprised how good the changes felt to play. So this evening when this came across my way on da youtubs, it suddenly made sense (in part) why. Plus, this is a lot of fun to watch.

If this was to be tweaked (due to a damage output increase due to efficiency), I'd rather they keep the tracking of the projectiles and decrease the time in super. After all, if the goal is "Ice Wizard", than this makes it feel far more towards that goal (in PvE at least).

Disclaimer: I despise Stasis. Absolutely hate it. As far as I’m concerned, nothing short of removing it from the game altogether would be “enough”, but that obviously isn’t going to happen. IMO, for every moment of fun that Stasis creates, there are 50 moments of brain-melting frustration and “who the *#%& thought this was a good idea?!?” levels of confusion.

All that said, I think the idea of potent tracking on an ability that freezes opponents and shuts down supers is a disaster for PvP. There needs to be some kind of trade-off when it comes to abilities that you barely have to aim. The crucible is already plagued by too many things that kill you instantly and can’t be avoided outside of extremely niche circumstances. I think the recent round of stasis nerfs were a big step in the right direction, so I worry about anything that makes any Stasis abilities stronger than they already were.

PvE isn’t as bad, IMO. Stasis makes PvE too easy as it is, but it wouldn’t be that big a deal if it remained overpowered in that side of the game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread