The Truth* about Shadebinder (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, April 01, 2021, 09:26 (1123 days ago) @ cheapLEY

PvE isn’t as bad, IMO. Stasis makes PvE too easy as it is, but it wouldn’t be that big a deal if it remained overpowered in that side of the game.

Do you think so? Is Stasis the go to for high level content? Freezing enemies is great, but I feel like I need either Devour or a well or invisibility or something for survivability and Statis just doesn’t provide that.

I think Stasis is pretty fun in PvE, but I have barely used it at all this season in PvE, as I just don’t think it’s good enough in high level content, but that may be because I’m just not good enough.

In terms of truly top-level PvE content, I think stasis is hit and miss. Depends on the specific strike/hunt you’re doing, your fireteam composition, etc.

But for general PvE play (most of which already tilts towards the east side), I think Stasis is just barely below God mode. You can slow/freeze entire groups of enemies so easily that the amount of incoming fire you take gets reduced to a minimum. Encounters are often just slightly more challenging than a shooting range against static targets. As a warlock, I can throw 1 grenade and have tracking freeze-bolts chain their way through all the other enemies in the room, while I casually walk up to each of them and punch them to death with zero risk. Hunters can throw their melee which track and bounce between enemies like captain America’s shield, freezing all of them, and all I have to do is walk up beside any of them and dodge to get my melee charge back, which I can then use to shatter everything that’s already frozen, or freeze more targets if there are any.

It’s all just so each, so forgiving, such low risk, requires little-to-no aim... the only real downside to Stasis in general PvE is that it’s a pain to play next to someone who is using it (depending on their exact loadout) because the damn ice walls they throw up all over the place get in the way of movement and block lines of sight.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread