A Closer Look at Void 3.0 (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, February 09, 2022, 16:35 (806 days ago) @ cheapLEY

This all seems amazing.

Invisible Hunter had been my playstyle forever, so the new Aspects seem perfect. I’m also eager to try the new Warlock stuff. This seems like exactly the sort of differentiation between classes Destiny has really needed to lean into.

I can’t wait to see what they do with Solar and Arc.

I'm REALLY going to be holding my breath when Bungie gets to arc. I'm not even going to say WHY, for once, as I've certainly mentioned my infinite enjoyment of the arc suite of hunter skills (dang it) enough in my time here. Not only because of the muscle memory, but because I've found it to be so flawlessly fun for all these years. If the mark is missed, even a little, I'll feel it and I'll be very disappointed. If I EVER get to test anything early (which I won't because I'm not a streamer PROVE ME WRONG!), I hope it would be at least for the arc changes. I don't even think I've properly described the ball of angst filled apprehension about... and I'm off on a tangent. Void. We're on Void.

Void.

Warlock wise I'm... kinda bummed on paper. Hunter kit seems really focused, and Titans mostly got all sorts of new kit to reinforce the line. It all looks really cool. Yet, for the warlocks, I was really hoping for something like what titans got (and have had) in Controlled Demolition. "Hitting a target with a Void ability or volatile detonation will make them volatile". Whats this? The (basically) mage class can't cast a mark of the void onto their foes, so to explode on death? WHAT BLASPHEMY IS THIS! And you gave this ability to the barbarian paladin?

I really think they are overselling "Mark of the Old Gods", in part because most of the warlock kit is so unchanged. Which isn't to say HEY COOL, but... well, now I guess I'll always be a well-lock somehow now huh. WE all have our playstyles, and I would far prefer not to stand still. I was hoping that I'd be able to do stuff much like with Attunement Of Fission (Middle Tree Voidwalker), but mixed with the other trees. Movement, fast and explosive, matched in turn by the considerable cool downs and equalized by buffs in those cool downs by energy drain mechanics. And it doesn't seem like I'll be able to pull that off yet to me. On that note, an observation here. We now have more options, and yet it all feels more restrictive in possible play-styles to me. Does that make sense?

Again, all on paper here, pudding is best proved in the eating and what not.

Oh and just... one more thing, Bungie WHERE (also) IS MY SPLIT NOVA BUNGIE! DID YOU THINK I WOULD FORGET!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread