Void 2.0, Void 3.0, and Game Design Philosophy (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, February 13, 2022, 11:58 (796 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I don’t have a great answer for you, other than that the subclasses don’t feel very distinct to me. Top tree Nightstalker might as well be bottom tree for how it feels moment to moment. I know there are differences, but they don’t seem to matter other than just being a slightly different flavor. Are you building around dodge uptime for invisibility or melee uptime?

That’s in massive contrast to Stasis, where piecing together different aspects and fragments make some pretty diverse builds. Maybe it’s not actually more diverse, but it just feels like it because I pay more attention due to actually having to make those choices versus just picking one complete prebuilt kit with the other subclasses.

I like the differentiation they’re leaning into—the specializations of each class. Hunters get in invisibility, Titans get overshields, Warlocks get Devour, etc. I want class to feel like a meaningful choice, and not just a slightly different flavor. I kind of wish they were going even more extreme in that regard, honestly.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread