How does Halo’s matchmaking work? (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, April 20, 2022, 11:16 (730 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I’ve been playing a lot of Infinite again lately, and I find myself thinking Bungie could learn a thing or two from 343 in terms of matchmaking. I genuinely don’t know if they’re using skill based or what, but it’s been truly fantastic. Almost every single match I’ve played over the past week has been an absolute nail-biter. Every Slayer match has been a total tug of war, ending with less than a five point difference. Even better is that there very rarely seems to be one player on a team pulling all the weight, with some no-thumbed wonder dragging the bottom of the scoreboard.

It’s the complete opposite of how Crucible has been for ages now. I’m not sure what 343 has going over there, but I really wish Bungie would figure it out.

lol, 343. It's the sample size (and probably type). Not to be "that guy", but by all odds, the only folks playing Infinite right now are die hard into Halo. Everyone else has jumped ship in-till the new content drop. Even then.

[image]

Does what Steam show line up with Xbox? No idea, but probably to SOME degree, right? So what's going to be easier? Balancing games with a dedicated 10k, or balancing a million+ folks worldwide who could be playing on any shade of casual, pro, streamer, and/or your mom?

That's why. Or at least, darn good reason for it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread