Overall impressions? (Destiny)

by yakaman, Monday, April 28, 2014, 11:35 (3657 days ago) @ Fuertisimo

So I read through a few articles and watched the new trailer. I know what I think about this new info dump, but what did you think?

My biggest takeaway was from the new gameplay trailer. The game looks very satisfying to blast its way through.

I have trepidation regarding FPS vs. AI game play, and it has nothing to do with Bungie's implementation. The game play looked fine, the graphics were wonderful, and it all looked really well done.

It also looked like business as usual. Meaning, it looked like all the fighting against AI I've done in the last 10 years. The kind that got less satisfying with every new Halo game. This is all personal opinion, of course, but I saw nothing awe-inspiring, or unique, or...something? What? I don't know. For example, I die and another guardian can revive me, but if they don't...I just revive in 30 seconds anyway? Why does that bother me?

It looked like Reach to me, or what Reach 2 would have looked like. I'm having some trouble being articulate here...

Just a snippet of game play video, and all pretty safe stuff for show - I'll wait patiently for the beta before I make my conclusions. That being said...I want to be excited, but am having a hard time.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread