Overall impressions? (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, April 28, 2014, 13:03 (3657 days ago) @ Fuertisimo

I loved the strike video Bungie posted. The pacing, the weapons, and the powers all felt very Halo to me which is good. I don't want a Medal of Duty or Call of Honor or even Titanfall. Bungie's earlier comments about getting kills a bit quicker in multiplayer had me worried, but this video seemed to show a nice pace that I'll be able to enjoy. So on a moment to moment gameplay front I'm completely sold

As others have said though, Bungie keeps telling us that Destiny is bigger and more interconnected but beyond 3 player coop being much more standard than coop was in Halo... I'm not seeing anything overly special... on the connected front. It may not matter much. If all Destiny amounts to is amazing, easily accessible coop missions spread over huge areas then I'll be very happy. If it is something more than I'll be even more happy.

Finally, I'm still waiting for the Bungie Twist. Something on the level of the Flood in Halo 1, the Arbiter in Halo 2, the unexpected Ark location in Halo 3, the Engineers in ODST, and helping the Autumn launch in Reach. With a whole new property in Destiny I am predicting that there is something big and plot related that we haven't even gotten a hint yet. We may not get a hint even. But I can't wait for the twist.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread