Wait...? (Off-Topic)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, May 02, 2014, 10:42 (3649 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Yeah, I'm definitely conflicted. I'm a huge Bungie fan and know there are a lot of sweet amazing people that work there. I just also appreciate that they are in a position of enormous power in the game community and I firmly believe that those with the most power are the ones with the greatest responsibility to set a positive example for the community.

I see the ban not as a malicious act, but rather a very unfortunate part of a poorly managed system that makes the community hostile and fairly unpleasant.

I've long since disassociated Bungie and the wonderful talented people who work under their banner with the forums they host and the people they charge to maintain the peace there. Most posters I see are the typical immature, bashful and often intolerant bunch you'll find on any large forum, particularly ones for gaming. Thoughtful arguments, like those Jay has posted repeatedly often concerning despicable behavior on Bungie.net, are buried under a mountain of screaming by those people who she's raising concern over.

That's why I prefer it here and in other tight-knit communities where acting stupidly and reputation that follows it carries more weight.

Yeah, you've nailed why I've stuck around here so long. So many other communities have come and gone for me, the bungie.org has always made me feel very comfortable.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread