But the real question is... (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, May 07, 2014, 11:44 (3652 days ago) @ petetheduck

It interesting you are upset over this, and not the exclusive content which isn't cosmetic (exact details yet to be revealed) that the PS players get and the Xbox players don't.

Why do you continue to ignore that my post is talking about Bungie Day?

I simply fail to see the significance of some arbitrary holiday? I don't really get why that makes any difference. A day is a day is a day, unless the government or your parents say otherwise. :-p

Bungie has a tradition of putting out some content for their community on Bungie Day. Now suddenly excluding part of their community on that day would make it seem like, well, it isn't a Bungie community any more. It would suggest that the PS4 playerbase is Bungie's community, and everyone else is some kind of obligation or revenue generator.

The exclusives are what they are. If Deej told me I could have gotten in on the pre-alpha if I bought a PS4, I'd have passed. I made my choice, I'm happy with it, but I'm hoping Bungie treats their entire community like one community.

I see a difference between community stuff and marketing/publishing stuff.

Yeah, I get it. The BFF talk earlier though gives me pause, though. I strongly believe that Sony has paid a tidy sum for the visibility and preference their platform has been given. Activision is certainly involved, too, and Bungie may be involved only by saying, this stuff is okay within limits. As others have said, the Playstation audience needs to be built up. Those fans need love from Bungie. They've been in the cold since forever (ONI being the exception that proves the rule). But as far as any substantial difference between platforms go, I don't think anyone has anything to worry about. I'd be shocked and disappointed if exclusives are anything other than cosmetic or timed. I don't really buy the rhetoric about the best experience being on the PS4. I could be wrong, but I went back and looked at the announcements during the P4 push at E3 last year, and I didn't hear that from Bungie folks. At 3:30 here you can hear Harold Ryan talking about their loyalty to GAMERS, though.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread