Love something

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 08:36 (4053 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Like I posted in my forum tips and tricks thread, all I personally hope is that DBO is, at the very least, an optimistic place until Destiny arrives. Because this isn't Halo, and I don't think it should be defined by the same standards. Destiny should be given a fair shot by the most jaded and pessimistic, by the Halo-haters and the Halo-lovers. There's no classic original to compare it to here - this is the first of a brand new thing. And if some folks end up being disappointed, but still enjoy the community, I hope they can find a way to still have fun with DBO without filling the boards up with negativity. That's what I mean by my title: there should be some positive reason you're here, right? Why else would you be here? If you hate Destiny, love the community.

I like 343 and while I didn't hate Halo 4, it also didn't hit the chords that define the Halo universe for me. So while I love HBO, I find myself posting less because, even though I often agree with some things said, I just don't want to join those hate-bandwagon threads. The constructive criticism is great, but then at times there's just avalanches of rants and venting, and I don't see where that benefits anybody. Instead, I've focused on classic Halo, good Lore debates, and having fun with the community in Spartan Ops.

If those kinds of rants and raves do happen here in the future, I hope at least it happens based on Destiny's own goals and merits - and not because it isn't Halo.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread