What if Destiny sucks?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 10:10 (4053 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Yeah I said it

Seriously, what if the game is not fun?
What if you don't find it enjoyable?
What if its just not your kind of game?

This is the first brand spanking new Bungie franchise for me, so I am excited for all the community aspects and possibilities, yet nervous that the game may not be my thing.

I wonder what someone who has been through this before thinks (looking at you Kermit, Louis Wu [LOL @ Wouis Lu], Mig)...

After all, there are a lot of people on HBO that don't like Halo 4 that hang around still. Would you or I do the same with Destiny? I think I likely would just because I like you people :)

This is my first new Bungie franchise as well. I'm not sure what to expect.

It sounds like it will be somehow an FPS, and I think it's extremely unlikely that I won't enjoy the moment-to-moment gameplay of any Bungie-developed FPS, so I'm optimistic on the game mechanics.

On the other hand, I've played MMORPGs before, and I really don't want to get sucked into that again. If Destiny requires the sort of time commitment traditionally needed to do well and keep up in an "MMO" game, I may not be interested. I'm also not really into PVP combat anymore, so that's a possible pitfall. It remains to be seen how much PVE (player-versus-environment, as in not fighting other players) and PVP there is, or how those concepts even apply to Destiny (if at all). So, we'll see.

Regardless of what happens with Destiny, remember that HBO is still there, at least for the time being. There's likely to still be a fair number of Halo enthusiasts there.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread