What we have lost... (Destiny)

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, August 01, 2014, 06:11 (3528 days ago) @ Kermit

Preach it. Your experience speaks to mine. I could spend an afternoon reliving a level playthrough, exploring, taking screenshots, watching everything unfold from the enemies' side of the battlefield.

Good thing we've now got video capture. Yay.

Standardized video capture on the next-generation consoles is a fantastic development, absolutely, but I think at its core it is vastly inferior to the playback provided in Halo. Being able to seamlessly detach the camera from your first-person perspective, bringing it out to third person, setting it on another player, or removing the constraints altogether is what made it so special. You weren't constricted to the action you witnessed first hand. You could go forward and backwards in time or concurrently look ahead to see what other players and characters were doing. That should be just as much of a standard as easily accessible, in-depth statistics.

One thing that a Theatre mode would do well to offer, however, is the ability to upload directly to streaming sites like YouTube, Twitch, etc. Meshing together the great tools of this mode with the prevalence of streaming media would make an utterly brilliant application for any game. If Destiny wasn't a fabulous game from what we've been teased with already, then something like this would surely do the trick for me come September.

I agree, and I was being sarcastic about video capture.

Yeah, I noticed your use of small-sized font far too late into writing my reply. I was committed. :P

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread