What we have lost... (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, August 01, 2014, 13:14 (3555 days ago) @ Grizzlei

One thing that a Theatre mode would do well to offer, however, is the ability to upload directly to streaming sites like YouTube, Twitch, etc. Meshing together the great tools of this mode with the prevalence of streaming media would make an utterly brilliant application for any game. If Destiny wasn't a fabulous game from what we've been teased with already, then something like this would surely do the trick for me come September.

That sort-of exists via the next-gen consoles' video capture. Assuming theater mode existed, you could easily playback your desired footage in Theater, and just video-capture it using the console, and upload from there. I do it for Forza 5 sometimes. XBone only does SkyDrive uploads for the moment, but hopefully they'll wise up later when that service flops. I'm pretty sure PS4 does YouTube already?

Oh, Kermit! All this talk of video capture has made me realize a possible reason for the mixed-output voice chat. It might be like that so that captured game footage includes your fireteam's voices. Which I think is legit, game footage that includes player's voices is almost always better. Though one wonders why it's like that on last-gen consoles. Maybe they just thought it would be a better user experience if the game behaved the same on all systems? I suppose it still helps out people who have external video capture equipment.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread