Playing Co-op (Destiny)

by SteelGaribaldi @, Sol system, Saturday, August 16, 2014, 14:18 (3533 days ago) @ Kermit

I mean, on some level all these games are like virtual cosplay, but I'd like a fireteam that is serious when they need to be, but willing to laugh at mistakes and crazy stuff that happens, too. Respect for story elements as they appear is a must, of course, and takes precedence over any other kind of communication. Am I weird? Do I take it too seriously? Is it silly to want teammates who are willing to get in character with me?

That's what I want. Take the story and gameplay seriously, communicate well, have fun, be willing to explore, give the other 2 people time and space to do stuff a little off the story path. Like 3 friends who are on an adventure together, trying to enjoy the journey.

My first play though of Halo 3 was with 2 friends, it was a great time. But at the end of the game, the guy with party lead didn't sit through the credits. So I saw Installation 0 explode and the Arbiter make it through, but I didn't see the post-credit scene where MC and Cortana are alive in the aft half of Forward Unto Dawn. There was about a day where I wondered if Bungie had killed off the Master Chief. ... I don't want that to happen in Destiny.

So if you're looking for coop players, count me in.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread