Is Destiny not going to be canon too? (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, August 17, 2014, 06:25 (3512 days ago) @ Avateur

I agree and disagree with you here. I found subtitles as an absolutely necessary and very engaging thing in Assassin's Creed, especially when they start speaking in different languages. It's really fun seeing that translate and really brings me in deeper to what's being said, or why, and can really add to what's playing out on the screen.

Well, of course! I'm stunned that turning off subtitles turns off ALL subtitles even when other languages are spoken. That's not the standard.

It's also really helpful to have some words pop up in Mass Effect, especially if I get distracted or happen to miss something being said. The decisions you make in ME2 and ME3 can have some serious consequences, so it's nice knowing that I can re-read what I may have just missed based on something happening in real life, or maybe being in a chat with someone.

I don't tend to be in chat while playing single-player games, but I did turn on subtitles for Mass Effect for this reason, after I was asked to make a decision without really hearing the details.

I feel like Destiny might really end up benefiting from subtitles. I personally chose to keep them turned off, but I also went through the Beta alone initially. I'm not sure if I'll be doing the actual release version alone from the start because of how massive it is, how long it might take me to beat it, and how having a squad with me could make it more immersive and fun.

I use subtitles when necessary (some of my favorite films are not in English), but for an immersive experience like a game, my preference is have them off assuming that the sound mix is decent (unlike Halo 4).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread