Vex spex (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Friday, August 22, 2014, 11:03 (3546 days ago) @ petetheduck
edited by General Vagueness, Friday, August 22, 2014, 11:08

Some Vex speculation here.

There's something strangely religious about the Vex; their sacrifices on Venus, their Burning Shrine on Mercury. We also know they traveled back in time.

Where was that confirmed? I don't think they've said anything about time travel since spring other than saying they seem like they're from another place and time. (Yes, this is largely wishful thinking on my part because I don't want it involved, but it's because time travel has a tendency to ruin plot-lines and make everything in a story not matter. Even basing the story around time travel isn't a guarantee things will turn out fine, Back to the Future II proves that.)

I have this theory about Destiny's story that the ultimate ending will involve the loss of the Traveler, in some form or another, and in that Humanity, will have gained the strength to stand on it's own/seek it's own destiny/yada. That Humans will look up from the Last Safe City and instead of seeing the Traveler loom above them, they will see the stars.

What if the Vex, like the Fallen, are seeking the Traveler. But unlike the Fallen that we speculate were left behind and have been following it in real time, the Vex only know of it from the past.. they found out about it somehow, in relics or archives. So they traveled into the past to find it. To our time, to prevent the Traveler from being lost (quite possibly, to directly prevent US from doing something that causes the Traveler to be lost).

What if they're coming back in time to prevent our victory? :D

The last part has been speculated a bunch before, and I'm pretty sure there's been speculation about going back in time to get to the Traveler, but I don't think I've seen them connected before.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread