DBO Logo Hunt, continued.

by ncsuDuncan @, Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 21:20 (4069 days ago)

Great work so far, everyone! I am amazed and delighted at the ideas I've seen pop up in the thread - there are some really talented artists in our midst!

Below you'll find a grid that should help you get an idea of what has already been posted.

Note: I made the images by opening the entire thread, saving the web page, then taking a screenshot of the resulting folder. I deleted most of the joke images, desktops, and photographs and also split a few of the images into multiple files. IF I MISSED YOUR LOGO FOR SOME REASON, TELL ME. Likewise, if you think your image is poorly represented below, tell me! This was just something quick and dirty I threw together to give us an easy way to look at everything at comparable sizes.

[image]
[image]

A few thoughts from the DBO admin team:

- We REALLY want to incorporate the Bungie.Org logo, so henceforth let's focus on designs that feature it in some way. (That said, the other ideas are still awesome and we'll definitely consider them for other DBO-related imagery - like t-shirts!)

- No Bungie swoosh, please. (Contrails are pretty cool though.)

- Let's try to avoid direct usage of the Destiny tricorn. (Or anything else simply copy/pasted from Bungie imagery. We won't disqualify designs on this basis - just be aware that, if chosen, some features might have to be redrawn.)

- Try not to be dependent on text unless its an integrated part of the design.

- Try to remember this could be used for very small things - avoid important tiny details.

-------
Remember: This is a collaboration, NOT a contest. I highly encourage iterating on each others' ideas (provided you're not trying to pass them off entirely as your own, of course). Feel free to post new designs in this thread (the old one is starting to get a bit unwieldy).

You have until Friday before the DBO admins convene and select a final logo (success will be signaled by white smoke).

Above all else: Have fun with it!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread