The kapowaz Collection, volume 1

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 08:19 (4076 days ago) @ kapowaz

This is intentional, believe it or not. There's something about seeing the disproportionate ship orbiting the Traveler (or b.org logo, or whatever you want to think of it as being) that I find jarring — I much prefer it looking as though there's almost some sort of fire trail going around the orb, with a remote but barely-discernible speck at the tip of it.

Honest feedback: I love it as a patch more than a logo. I'd give $$$ for that patch. There are others by you I like better as a logo.

Taken out of the context of a stitched patch, I'm not a fan of the cityscape or the flying triangle. The triangle doesn't strongly enough suggest a ship to me, and therefore the contrail looks it could be a ribbon.

And then there's the thing I prefer where the ship flies through the hoop. These are all personal preferences, of course.

I do like that the b.org logo is completely preserved.

Your work on these has been consistently stellar--sorry that this one didn't resonate as much with me.

If I can find the time before Friday, I might try to make one with a single line as a contrail and a less bulky ship. No one's done that exactly yet, although as theBruce mentioned, it might be problem at smaller sizes.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread