The kapowaz Collection, volume 1

by kapowaz, Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 08:36 (4070 days ago) @ Kermit

Honest feedback: I love it as a patch more than a logo. I'd give $$$ for that patch. There are others by you I like better as a logo.

That's cool — it is my favourite of all my efforts, hence why I've focused on that direction. The disc with cityscape in the earlier versions is, to me, a nice starting point, but it feels primitive in comparison to what I came up with later.

Taken out of the context of a stitched patch, I'm not a fan of the cityscape or the flying triangle. The triangle doesn't strongly enough suggest a ship to me, and therefore the contrail looks it could be a ribbon.

And then there's the thing I prefer where the ship flies through the hoop. These are all personal preferences, of course.

I do like that the b.org logo is completely preserved.

Your work on these has been consistently stellar--sorry that this one didn't resonate as much with me.

Fair enough! I personally am not a fan of the style some are using with the contrail flying through the hoop, as I find the inversion of the contrail jarring — to me it looks cheap, but I appreciate not everyone will feel that way.

I think as far as my entries are concerned I'm more or less done here. I don't much like any of the designs where the ship is made larger (I've talked about this elsewhere), and so I'm probably not going to iterate further on that part of the design. The later iterations I've added above where the cityscape is replaced with a slogan (which is placeholder, I might add — it could say anything, really) are about the only direction I'd be interested in experimenting.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread