DBO, questioning the halo

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, March 01, 2013, 12:00 (4073 days ago) @ thebruce

About traveler iconography ...

Could someone make a version of the b.org logo where the outer crescents are white (outlined in black)?

I know there are many variations of this already, but those usually included "damage" of some sort. That's not what I mean.

You mean something like this?

[image]

Yep, except the outlines being thinner and including the inner edge of the crescents. This would help retain the effect of making the left outer edge of the middle hoop seem to be in the foreground. Your example highlights something, though. This isn't the original b.org logo.

To me, something seemed not right about A3, and I think it's that you've altered the b.org logo so the white spaces at the top and bottom of the hoop are larger, such that the bottom of the bowl seems to be on the right. I always saw the bottom of the bowl as being on the left, but the optical illusion quality of it is part of it's charm. The bowl could turn either direction, but it seems less so in your version.

[image]

What I'm imagining is very similar to what the admins first envisioned, but not overtly invoking the Traveler as much.

Kermit

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread