I Have to Agree (*Minor boss spoilers*) (Destiny)

by Blue_Blazer_NZ, Wellington, New Zealand, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 15:40 (3524 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Up front: I'm a level 19 and have not yet played on Mars at all.

All bosses I've played up to now have essentially followed the pattern of shoot, move and, if you get too close, stomp/crush. That's it. The most varied one was probably Sepiks Prime, simply because he throws a teleport in there. Sure, the Vex boss in the strike on Venus has a shield screen, but all that does is slowly rotate around it; it doesn't intelligently use it to defend itself at all - it's just there.

I fear that on harder difficulties the only challenge will be not dying by doing something rash simply because you were trying to change up the fight to make up for the lack of boss variety. I actually have way more fun in killing the adds that occasionally pop up than the bosses themselves, especially now that I've unlocked Blade Dancer (That super is amazing btw!).

I hope something can be done in the future to give boss fights a real reason to exist.

EDIT: This is one of the very few critiques I have - I am loving this game and playing with my mates has made it addictive. My sleep hours have taken a big hit.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread