How to make Strike Bosses 10x better (Destiny)

by petetheduck, Wednesday, September 10, 2014, 17:55 (3524 days ago) @ Cody Miller

1. Each boss should have 12-15 potential forms /attacks. As it is now, they all have one and just do the same thing all fight.
2. Divide the boss' life bar into 4 segments.
3. When a segment is depleted, the boss switches forms / attacks.
4. The four forms / attacks per fight should be randomly chosen from the pool of 12-15

This would not only alleviate the tedium of individual fights, but this would also make replaying strikes much better. You might face 4 forms / attacks you haven;t seen before, so it'd be like a new fight. You might get 4 easy forms and have a quick victory, or you might get 4 hard ones and have a wicked challenge.

The tedium of strike bosses needs to be dealt with in future expansions. This would be a great way to do it while still having long fights, and as a bonus make replaying better.

I really don't like that idea, at least how I interpret it--it sounds immersion breaking and artificial. I would rather the bosses have a larger pool of behavior and attacks that they could use at any given time during the battle. Sure, they can get more aggressive towards the end or something, but 4x 25% forms/attacks sounds really old school 3D adventure game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread