You don't have to do them; They are optional (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, October 10, 2014, 09:10 (3492 days ago) @ stabbim

Ummm... I don't think Cody's issue here is necessarily what he personally will do with the bounties.

Er, you're right. This is what I get for trying to work-work and slack-work at the same time.

I'll just say this: Though my time is limited in crucible, I can't recall a single instance of running into another player where I could detect they were chasing a bounty and it was harming my team or the other team.

All I ever see are blade dancers and ARs.

MP bounties are supposed to be more of those little rewards for doing things you're already doing, such as kill 20 titans (Though I never run into any other titans other than me).

When I see a bounty for shoutguns, I pick it up, as my personal play style is centered around that, so I should pick it up without going out of my way.

I would never pick up a bounty for handcannon head shots because I hardly use those weapons.

If people chase bounties as something they have to do, they are gonna have a bad time.

But I don't think it can be argued that they are at the expense of other players, because the very nature of MP is me kicking your ass, at your expense.

If it really is that big of a deal, then we're just going to end up with a diluted MP space like the hey-dey of Halo 2 and 3. BR starts all the time on lockout is boring. Smash Bro games on final destination with no items is boring.

Maybe Iron Banner is supposed to scratch that competitive itch.

Variety keeps things interesting and encourages people to play the game in a manner they might not have before.

IDK.

If people want to look for faults, they're gonna find them.

I do know this: the game has barely been out a month at this point.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread