You don't have to do them; They are optional (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, October 10, 2014, 11:26 (3491 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I'll just say this: Though my time is limited in crucible, I can't recall a single instance of running into another player where I could detect they were chasing a bounty and it was harming my team or the other team.

I agree. In the limited time I've spent in crucible, most players just seem to be having fun trying to win. I don't think this is a thing that's breaking the game. That being said, I feel like bounties that encourage just playing however you normally do (kills, wins, etc.) would be preferable to those that encourage doing weird things. Only in crucible/IB, that is - in PvE, sure, anything goes.

All I ever see are blade dancers and ARs.

Oddly enough, I haven't seen many blade dancers. The super that kills me the most is definitely Fist of Havoc. Also, I'm surprised how infrequently I get hit with Golden Gun. I expected that one to be the go-to for competitive MP. Definitely agree on the ARs, though. I'm looking forward to the weapon balance tweaks.

MP bounties are supposed to be more of those little rewards for doing things you're already doing, such as kill 20 titans (Though I never run into any other titans other than me).

Yeah, definitely. Unfortunately not everyone has the discipline to do that. There are some players who, if there's a bounty for something, will only do that thing until the bounty's done. It sucks that you can't trust randoms to not bring you down, but... well, we are talking about random matchmade players after all.

shoutguns

Fus-Roh-BOOM?

I would never pick up a bounty for handcannon head shots because I hardly use those weapons.

Blasphemer! Kill the heretic!

But I don't think it can be argued that they are at the expense of other players, because the very nature of MP is me kicking your ass, at your expense.

If we're on opposite teams, yes.

Also, you forgot the part where I punch my coffee table, storm off, and go get a snack. Which is largely the reason I don't do much PvP.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread