RNG. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, October 26, 2014, 23:15 (3500 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I'm willing to help when I can. This weeks Nightfall is brutal.

This week's nightfall is actually one of the easier ones that I've played (though the Thralls at the very end can easily send you to Orbit if you're not careful, as I found out the hard way). It's also one of the more fun to do solo, since you're at the risk of getting melee'd a lot more than getting shot unfairly. Had the fortune of needing Fusion Rifles kills as extra incentive to run it multiple times...

If anyone on PS4 needs help, I've been doing a thing where I get Phogoth down to 2% help, then invite two random friends (or specific folk) to the game. Just let me know, and I'll get you through... Also, I recommend doing most Nightfalls with only one other, rather than as a Fireteam of three. The enemy doesn't scale as badly, and you can have a chance to survive past a bad mistake...

Also, people complaining about RNG seem to miss the point that you can buy gear from both Vanguard stores and Crucible. How people think they can depend on RNG for specific drops is beyond me. The key word is RANDOM...

That said, the Nightfall rewards are always solid deals, so you should definitely run more.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread