casual players got screwed (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Monday, October 27, 2014, 13:52 (3499 days ago) @ Grizzlei

facing a Level 20+ with all these ridiculously powerful armaments and armor just gets to be such a bummer in PvP. It seems like no matter how good your tactics are, regardless if you were able to get the first and multiple succeeding shots on them first, they'll always be able to bear down their Death Star turbolaser of a fusion rifle on you with little harm to them.

Frankly this is not true. You need to get used to flanking, attacking in pairs, and taking cover so your shields can recharge. The weapon you use is almost a non-factor in the crucible. Use your supers, make getting heavy ammo a priority, and spec into PvP stats. Probably your spec is the most important thing in that list. Until I landed on my current high armor/high regen spec for my hunter, I was having trouble, too. Now i win most 1 v 1 fights.

Keep in mind that there are LOTS of ways for you to get 1-shot in PvP: Shotguns, Fusion rifles, supers, rockets, sniper rifles, grenades... they can all kill you in one hit. You need to learn to anticipate those attacks and move defensively whenever possible.

There's a lot of in the moment strategy in Destiny's PvP and your weapon of choice really doesn't matter in any of that. Once you have a gun you like and that you feel good using, any further improvement is going to come from how you play. There are no enemy weapons that will keep them alive longer if you play with aplomb.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread