UI Change Request (Destiny)

by scarab @, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 05:12 (3479 days ago) @ scarab

Destiny calls for attention unnecessarily.

Examples:

As some people are colour blind... please use a different shape for the person's icon when they have something for me but there is no way I can pick it up yet.

This would be a signal to me that there is something available that I need to make room for.

It is just annoying to go over to attend to an attention (exclamation) icon and find that the journey was wasted. Sometimes the journey is an entire trip to the Tower with all the loading screen, set destination, the trip, the sitting in blackness waiting for a new Tower instance to be created.

These are small(ish) annoyances but, given the other time sucks in this game, Destiny could do with some polish. Minor annoyances add up.

-PS I know that Bungie wants us spending as much time as possible in the game and time spent playing may even be some metric that Activision tracks and has a monetary value to Bungie but the time wastes are off-putting. Bungie used to be known for the polish that it puts on its games. The Destiny experience badly needs some polish. We need more fun and pleasant-experience-ness.

On a related note:

When I take a weapon from the vault: please don't show it as un-upgraded and then mark it as newly upgraded.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread