UI Change Request (Destiny)

by scarab @, Sunday, November 09, 2014, 06:19 (3479 days ago) @ Kermit

I think I disagree with this suggestion. Having no room for stuff should never be a standard state or accommodated as if it would be.

What does that mean? It happens and, for me, it is annoying. You seem to be saying more than it doesn't bother you. You seem opposed, in principle, to accommodating other people.

Bungie uses agile development. It should be easy to add this request to their product backlog. It seems to involve an if statement that calls the function that says if there is room for an item and using the result to select the shape of the icon behind the exclamation mark. You could fit that into a sprint along with other work.

It is not as if you have to do the work and, I'm sure, that the Bungie devs are the guys who can best make the decision to make the change or not.

Unless this special icon also communicated more details about the item, you'd still have to figure out what's triggering it, and having the icon reveal more also takes away from the fun aspect of going to the Tower to open presents.

It would not stop me from opening my presents but, to strain the analogy, it would save the disappointment of finding an IOU or a it's-not-ready-yet when I try to open my presents.

Also, given the polish of the UI, I'd be shocked if the Destiny UI team didn't test for issues related to color blindness.

I wasn't suggesting that they didn't know.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread