The $34.99 question. (Destiny)

by petetheduck, Wednesday, November 26, 2014, 06:57 (3448 days ago)

How are you guys feeling about the upcoming expansion pack, and the pass in general?

I bought Destiny digital for the free digital upgrade offer, but passed on purchasing the expansion pass until the EV-30 hints started dropping. By that point, the Vault of Glass had convinced me it was worth my purchase, pretty much exclusively for Crota's End.

I'm not sure why, but I'm expecting to be completely underwhelmed by the story missions and strike. I really enjoyed my first playthrough of Destiny, but I don't feel excited for that content.. maybe it is because it's not "new" enough; a new planet would definitely be exciting. I also don't enjoy Exotic Bounties so having story missions follow that model.. I don't know. We'll see.

The Raid, though. I'm dreading arc shield Knights and solar shield Wizards, but can't wait to dive in. It was a blast doing the Vault of Glass blind.

The Raid will feature completely new spaces, while the story missions and strike will take place in areas we've already been to or seen accessed through glitches. I think that has spoiled them a bit for me. I think Bungie's approach to reusing environments would be great for the longevity of those spaces (you know, if they gave us new activities inside those spaces, mixed up enemies, etc), but for expansions I really want to see completely new spaces, and not just a new one-way path like the Devil's Lair or King's Watch, but something like a new Mothyard.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread