The $34.99 question. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, November 27, 2014, 08:42 (3448 days ago) @ petetheduck

I'm excited for the expansion pass, mostly just for the new Raid and new gear. I've put enough time into the Vault of Glass to know that another raid is worth the price of admission alone (for me).

As far as the rest of the game is concerned:

Up until now, I've been playing with only 1 character. I started a 2nd one shortly after launch, but never progressed her. Over the past week, I finally decided to rank her up a bit so I could double-dip the weekly missions.

After so much time focused on the end game, replaying the campaign from scratch has really made me aware of just how weak it is. Now that I'm used to Destiny's high-level combat, playing as a level 11 Hunter is painfully dull. I really want to end up with a high-level character from each class, but the idea of needing to replay the campaign from scratch a 3rd time is making me think I might never get around to it.

So with that being said, I'm not particularly excited about the story missions in the upcoming expansion. I'm curious to see what Bungie does differently with them, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread