Canon Foddered

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, March 14, 2013, 15:02 (4061 days ago) @ biggy

I think Destiny is a game sandbox in the purest sense. It's a world(s) where the AI and the game mechanics allow for a crazy amount amount of possibilities, experiences and encounters that will be unique and completely awesome.

As I started to read this paragraph, the image that formed in my mind was basically Halo: CE campaign but with random internet people in it. This is not a bad thing. :)

My idea of a Destiny scenario:
One minute I'm on Mars looking for loot with my buddies and we get attacked my Time Traveling Robots so we try to escape on our hover bikes to get back to our spaceships but we are chased through Mars' barren desert. We lose the Robots, but are split up. We decide to hop in our spaceships and meet up on Venus (because we can) and we encounter another group of players on a quest/mission that we can decide to help, leave alone, or cause trouble. We decide to help them and fight off Space Zombies to finish the mission and then our two parties part ways to find another adventure. I log-off and log-on the next night to find that the world has continued to live and breathe. Time to get back into the action.

That sounds awesome.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread