Me too! (Destiny)

by digital_ronin, Friday, January 09, 2015, 12:10 (3542 days ago) @ petetheduck

This is exactly the same for me! Having two 31 warlocks and a 30 titan grinding away in the off chance to get better gear really started to wear me out. I enjoy the game, but I was letting the game dictate what I was supposed to be doing (daily, bounties, rise and repeat; except on Tuesdays, then knock out the weeklies) rather than doing what I wanted. Everything became an exercise in speed running because I knew I had two do it two more times with my other characters. And then maybe I'd do something I wanted. Only by then, it was time to quit for the night or I was tired of playing Destiny.

But not anymore. I was considering deleting some characters and you helped me make up my mind. My second warlock and my titan are getting deleted this weekend. My remaining warlock will focus on goals I want to achieve and things I want to do: the raid, getting Eris rep to level 4, and playing crucible when I feel like it and running bounties when I feel like doing those. Goodness knows, he has two warlocks' work of gear to do whatever he wants.

I'll probably start another character, because I enjoyed going from level 1 to 20 and seeing the wide variety of gear, exploring a world that can still be dangerous, and being oblivious to the grind. But I'll take my time. Maybe I'll just do one story mission a day.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread