Isn't it great that there are other things to do in life? (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, January 12, 2015, 09:57 (3414 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The Last of Us is probably my favorite game, but it has the crappiest co-op ever (read: none). Destiny could improve for sure, but I can appreciate its strengths, and not insist that it measure up to every other game that is fundamentally different.

I insist that Destiny measure up to basic tenets of fun. In many cases it simply does not.

You don't find many of the activities fun. I think we all know that. I can relate. Crucible isn't my favorite, therefore, I play it only when I really feel like it. Other activities in Destiny have provided some of the most fun I've ever had in a video game. We have choices. My question is, how many times and how many ways are you going to tell us that Destiny is fundamentally flawed game? I think we got it. That's what you believe. Message received. MMOs suck as genre. Check.

Here's a newsflash: The game isn't going to fundamentally change. I think they can make things a lot better from a narrative perspective, but it's going to be about getting new stuff with which you can kill enemies. We both want it to be about more, but even if it becomes more, the core will still be the same. And I guess you've got ~10 years to remind us of its crappy core.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread