Question about TLoU for owners (Gaming)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, March 06, 2015, 14:56 (3341 days ago) @ RC

I got it for Christmas, started it recently and wasn't very impressed. Feels like a mix between splinter cell and half-life that doesn't let you actually play half as much as either of those two. I only just got out of the city (soon after the 'secret' about the little girl is revealed) and had to stop because I was so bored.

The presentation is nice - I'll give it that - but is the actual game here worth playing? Does it get better soon? Am I just too used to shooters to appreciate this game? Was it hyped too much?

Things are about to get real. You're just getting started. One of the best things about the game is the pacing. Don't expect an action movie, although there is a lot more action than you've seen so far. The game is really about a developing relationship, and it's one of the few games I've ever played that succeeds in portraying actual character development (in spades). The gameplay is not secondary--it's crucial for upping the tension, but the whole package, especially once you've finished the journey is extraordinary.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread