Destiny as an Episodic Narrative

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, April 05, 2013, 10:38 (4039 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Star systems are such a modular concept. I'd wager new systems with a handful of planets would fit quite well as DLC episodes, if not simply new areas on planets within our own system.

~M

I love (and by love I mean hate) how gamers are now actually embracing DLC. OOOOHHHH! That's a good thing to not include in the game so you can sell it to me later!

I hate you all. :-p

I know this is a major sticking point with you, I am just curious how you expect game developers to make money. Of course any gamer is going to be against developers removing planned content from a game so that they can sell it later, but at the same time what's different about that from the days of "let's save that for the sequel." Heck back in the Marathon days some people complained because they axed the shotgun for the Marathon 1 DLC to put it in Marathon 2 instead. How much content in the actual game would be "enough" that would justify a company being able to sell a separate DLC later? From everything we have read about Destiny I fully expect it to have nearly endless content without DLC so that seems to be fine for me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread