The Master Chief Collection is definitely a black eye for us (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, May 14, 2015, 10:20 (3321 days ago) @ Korny

Yeah, I read that recently, which is why I said they're barely acknowledging it. At this point, calling the MCC a "black eye" nearly half a year after release is kind of putting it lightly with regards to goodwill with customers and community, and the rest of his post is more of the blatant lying that we're familiar with. They imply that in their test environment the game was good to go, when that's clearly not the case given the near-universal issues that plagued the customers (many which persist to this day).

I don't have specific details, and I couldn't share them even if I did, but everything I've heard backs up the notion that 343 genuinely believed they were shipping a working game when MCC launched. The fact that it was broken really did take them by complete surprise.

Which is concerning for a whole other reason. How is it possible in this day and age to get all the way up to release, thinking your game works perfectly, only to be hit by such a surprise?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread