All About the Benjamins

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, May 01, 2013, 01:53 (3984 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm happy to pay for more content for a game I love as long as it doesn't break the experience.

So far I've been very disappointed by the overall experience of DLC multiplayer maps for Halo. As the titles have matured, and more and more DLC is added, it's difficult to get matched with fellow DLCers without being in a DLC only playlist.

This results in really not much playtime on maps that I payed for.

It also introduces the problem where when I convince a lot of my friends to get a few games of Halo in, but they haven't purchased the DLC, all of a sudden we're having a hard time getting matched since they don't want to bother buying DLC just to hang out for a night.

I'm curious to see how Bungie approaches these issues, especially given the interconnected nature of the game.

"Hey, want to pop over to Mars and make a raid on the new Cabal fortress that popped up in the exclusion zone?"

"Nah mate, don't have the DLC, I guess I'll just hang out with randoms, or I can force you to play old content"

I have faith in you Bungie

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread