This is why they'd have emotion (Destiny)

by Earendil, Thursday, June 11, 2015, 15:13 (3247 days ago) @ Ragashingo

It's a good theory but he missed some stuff. Specifically, stuff about the Exos. In Ghost Fragment: Exo we have an Exo trying to reason with us about his existence. That both we and he are machines, one biological and one super high tech / mechanical. But then he asks the question:

Why does a war machine have emotions? Why should a war machine have awareness? These are not useful traits on the battlefield. Don't flatter yourself. They are not useful. So why should the Exo mind mimic the human architecture so closely?

and concludes:

I think someone wanted to live forever.

That doesn't really fit with the story of the Ishtar scientists. At least not yet...

I am however fully on board with the Exo Stranger being one of the scientists. Note in her card:

According to the theory put forward, you have two scientists (half of them) that are in love. That's good enough reason to choose a design to incorporates emotion assuming the scientist wanted to take on the body. If the scientist was able to inhabit an exo, I would expect emotion and living forever to be at the top of the list. Contrary, if you built Exos simply as battle bots, there is no reason for emotion.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread