For the first time in my life a Sony E3 event is my priority

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Thursday, May 23, 2013, 22:37 (3991 days ago) @ narcogen

Originally I had thought that Bungie was just showing some initial preference for Sony in order to cement the relationship. I thought we'd hear more about the versions of Destiny for MS platforms later on-- including exclusive content.

I may have been wrong about that. Bungie is again going to show more of their game off at E3, in conjunction with Sony. There's still no mention of equivalent exclusive content for MS platforms, and even through we now know Destiny will be on the Xbone, there's been no announcement for PC/Mac. I had thought the former was holding up the latter, but it looks like I may have been wrong about that, too.

Yeah, back in February I figured exclusives are just part of the industry and Bungie would be pulling the same stunt at the Xbone reveal. Nope, and it turns out they're going to the BIG DANCE with the PS4 as well.

It's a pretty smart move on Bungie's part. Making these public demonstrations of solidarity with Sony will help to bring in a lot of new blood from the Playstation fanbase. Meanwhile, the Xboners have already had a taste and won't take as much convincing.

I just want to say how fucking tickled I am that the internet has settled on XBONE as the official moniker of Microsoft's next generation multimedia platform. I'm never going to get tired of that.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread